Name: Daniel Harrigan
Birth Date: 08/19/1977
Birth Place: Vermont
Current Residence: Middletown CT
Height & Weight: 5’9″ & 171lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
Being involved in healthcare and exercising faithfully, I wanted to bring my training to the next level and stay dedicated to a program that allowed me put together my best physical appearance.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
Frequently look at pictures of where I was to where I am now to where I want to ultimately be.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I did Fitness Atlantic in early 2013 and this will be my second show of this year. I plan to do the same 2 next year as well.
4. Who got you started?
Much of this desire to take the stage came from my own personal desire to better myself and what better way to show of your hard work than by taking the stage.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
Sean Larson is my go to for advice when needed and my girlfriend, Laurie, gives me the support and help when I need it. She is even willing to help rub out a sore muscle here and there from training hard.
6. Where do you usually workout?
Usually I am up bright and early working out at WOW! Fitness in Cromwell CT.
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
I just take a multivitamin, occassional whey protein, and clean eating.
8. What are your most noticeable results?
Seeing how I have lost body fat and replaced it with lean muscle.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness has made me a more responsible person. I watch what I eat, get in a reset meal every so often, stay dedicated to a program and work as hard as I can to reach my goals. When I get to one goal, I set a new one. Exercise is about reaching one milestone at a time.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
To continue to grow and develop my physique while using some of the nutrition and knowledge of exercise that I have gained by doing all of this and sharing it with those that I come in contact with, including family friends and patients.
11. Describe your diet.
6 meals a day. Clean eating with the appropriate blend of carbs to fat to protein.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
2 days a week fasted cardio, weights 4 days a week, HIIT 4 days a week and one day of rest and recovery.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a physical therapist.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
To continue to grow and develop as a physical therapist.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
Not since high school. Now I spend my time working around my house, hitting the gym and relaxing when I get a chance.