Name: Dawn Bonfanti
Birth Date: 11/10/1960
Birth Place: Danvers, MA
Current Residence: Middleton, MA
Height & Weight: 5’5″
1. What made you want to compete?
I started a weight lifting and nutrition program with the intial goal of losing 10 lbs when I had reached 30lbs I wanted to challenge myself further. My coach Janelle Nicolo is a competitor and I decided that I would like to compete too.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
I train with my coach Janelle Nicolo twice a week. Janelle along with the other members of Team Body Ambition help to keep me inspired.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I recently competed in Fitness New England 2012 in Foxwoods and Superbody Natural Championships 2012 in Atlantic City. I look forward to competing November 3rd in WBFF New England in Rhode Island and hope to compete in more WBFF shows in 2013.
4. Who got you started?
Janelle Nicolo, owner of Body Ambition
5. Who do you look to for help now?
Janelle Nicolo and my fellow Body Ambition team members.
6. Where do you usually workout?
I usually work out at Bodyco in Middleton, MA
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein powder
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness has changed me both physically and mentally I have so much energy and am in the best shape of my life.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
i want to continue to challenge myself daily. I want to improve my strength and stamina.
11. Describe your diet.
I am on a food plan designed for me by Janelle Nicolo. I eat 6 clean meals a day, lean proteins, limited carbs and lots of fruits and veggies. Of course at least a gallon of water daily
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
I workout 6 days a week. I lift weights 6 days, I teach spin 3 times a week and mix it up with bootcamp classes and functional training. I work with my trainer 2 times a week.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am the general manager of Angelica’s a busy restaurant and function facility, located in Middleton, MA
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
I would like to become a personal trainer and help others to reach their potential.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
I recently competed in Shape Magazine’s Diva Dash in Marshfield, MA.
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I would like to thank my husband Lenny and kids Josh and Mandie for their support. Also I would like to thank my trainer and friend Janelle Nicolo without her none of this would have possible and my fellow Body Ambition team mates for all their love and support! I love you all!
17. Do you have any hobbies?
I like to collect Barbie dolls, shopping, reading and gardening
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
I was always a cardio person and never seriously lifted weights. I always give 110% to my workouts to challenge myself.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
I have a very busy work schedule so I workout early mornings. I am also surrounded by restaurant food and bakery items at my job. I batch cook every week and bring my own food in separate containers to help keep me on track.
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?
Janelle Nicolo helped me reach a level that i didn’t think was possible. She supports and inspires me on a daily basis Janelle is truely a special person and it is a honor to work with her. I hope to inspire others to reach their full potential also. It is truely possible at any age and I am living proof.