Name: Mike Wonoski
Birth Date: 09/02/1988
Birth Place: Salem, MA
Current Residence: Beverly, MA
Height & Weight: 5’7.5″ 160
1. What made you want to compete?
This is my first fitness show but I have competed in the powerlifting and have won 2 back-to-back titles with EPT (Elite Powerlifting Federation)
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
I joined Body Ambition and the coaching staffs have been great and helping me in many different ways to stay committed and motivated and do what have you have to be successful.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
This is my first fitness show and I plan on attending many more as the time comes. One show at a time.
4. Who got you started?
Started in college me and my roommate (Tyler) were not feeling good about our bodies and helped each other make the goal happen by hitting the weights hard, eating more, learning out of muscle magazines. I learn something new almost everyday when I do my research or see!
5. Who do you look to for help now?
When I have trouble with my food diet and prepping I always ask Matt Corso for the help. When it comes to posing and clothing wear, Janelle will help me fix the right outfit.
6. Where do you usually workout?
Boston North Fitness in Danvers, MA
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
MuscleTech Cell Tech
8. What are your most noticeable results?
dieting makes a huge different through out my whole body.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness has push me to the limits where the times I can’t have this or that in my food diet. Staying on schedule with my meal plans when to eat when to have snack when to not eat. I still have more to learn more to do.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
I love being athletic and inspiring others, which is why I decided to to compete. I do like to gain more muscles mass and continue competing at the highest level. I do also like to get into more fitness modeling and make a cover or article in the magazines.
11. Describe your diet.
My diet is high protein/ low carbs, with healthy fat. I eat meals a day, with protein, carb, and fat in the meal. I eat every three hours of the day. There’s no skipping meals, no cheat foods, and chugging down the water.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
I work out 1.5-2 hours a day and i go to the gym 5-6 a week.
13. What do you do for a living?
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
Keep working harder and going to carpenter classes to become a better carpenter and own my own log home someday.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
Yes, I am hard of hearing and wear hearing aids. I have been playing hockey all of my life and I am member of the US Deaf National Team, we won Gold in 2007, Bronze 2009, 2011 was cancelled, and 2013 going to Finland!
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
Thank you mom and dad for the support! Thank you Body Ambition for getting me on the roll!
17. Do you have any hobbies?
Yes my hobby is lifting at the gym but other than that I love the great outdoors, going camping, going hiking with my dog Tank, snowmobiling, atving, fishing, ice fishing, off-roading, and building things.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
Balancing out time to eat when I am working out in the field and coaching for Beverly Youth Hockey Bantam A Team. I always try make the time to fit that meal in.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
Being deaf and not hearing everything but I stay confidence in myself and make it better.
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?
I am excited for my first competition, getting into the fitness world and meeting new people as it comes along.