Name: Sarah Walraven
Birth Date: 09/24/1988
Birth Place: bay city, michigan
Current Residence: michigan
Height & Weight: 5’6 & 140lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
January of 2012 I was diagnosed with stage one chronic kidney disease. After receiving this news I made a bucket list and one of them was to compete, year after having my daughter-Giuliana I stepped onto stage at the NPC Grand Rapids, MI show(bikini division) and took first in my class; not only was getting first rewarding but knowing anything possible and a great accomplishment. Being with the NPC for two years, I came across WBFF and fell in love with the articles, information, people, and great vibes on a honest, fun, and rewarding organization.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
I stay positive to not only myself but to others also, life’s too short to put yourself or others down!
My daughter is who keeps me going everyday, when I’m down I look at her and instantly I’m the happiest mom ever!
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
June 29th Boston will be my first show with WBFF, I’m beyond excited !
4. Who got you started?
Frank Budelewski- talking back and forth to him about WBFF he inspired me to switch and asked me to be a Supergirl, very thankful.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
Myself and my coach Brandon Fokken.
6. Where do you usually workout?
24 Hour Fitness in Saginaw, MI
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
8. What are your most noticeable results?
Abdominals from my prep;nutrition
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Yes, Being healthy is very important to me and my family! It not only makes you feel good but also keeps me positive mentally and physically.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
To inspire others showing them anything’s possible depending on how bad you want it.
11. Describe your diet.
high protein, mod carb, low fats and tweek it every week depending how I look every Sunday. Brandon Fokken
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
Fasted cardio-HIIT 3-4x week in am
-build up cardio after weight training.
-I always switch it up though.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a personal trainer at Lifetime Fitness along with being a nutrition consultant, agility athlete coach, and full time single mother to a beautiful 2 year old.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
to be a role model for my daughter by being independent and best mother I can be.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
track, softball, cheerleading, and powder puff football.
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
My daughter Giuliana for hugging me when she knew I was struggling!!! I’d like to thank Frank, Brandon, Lee, Cliff, Mike, and George or all there help, sponsor money, being there for me, and keeping me driven to success. Also like to thank my boyfriend Michael Swann for keeping me positive and not letting me quit- love you babe!!
17. Do you have any hobbies?
I love adventure!! shooting guns, canoeing, camping, snowmobiling, hunting, four wheeling, motorcycles, traveling, and visiting all different types of gyms around Michigan.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
medical issues. I had my appendix out March this year so that was a big set back, struggling with being a single mother -trying to afford food etc, and pulled my abductor tendon in my groin when I was 4 weeks out…but that wont stop me for pushing all the way to stage!
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
surgery, medical issues, and not being finically stable. I just got hired full time at Lifetime- starting in July 2013, so hoping things turn around